Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

CQR, you are a darling. We do have lots of places to go if things were normal, but they are not good options for safety and safe travel. Both of my sisters, my nieces and nephews are all in the path of the storm. We stayed with one sister last time who lives further out on Long Island ... and she had more of a mess than we did. My other sister lives in Ipswich, MA right on the river, my aunt (with 18 cats) is in Manhattan, niece in New Jersey, nephews in the boroughs of Queens ... all in bad spots ... and in order to get off our island, which is south of Long Island, all the roads out over the in-between islands are flooded before we are. Then there is the matter of trees crashing down on the parkways as we go through New York City to get wherever we are going -- if the bridges and tunnels aren't already closed. We have flood insurance and it will be what it will be. We took a ride around part of the island and I would guess that most everyone stayed put. But ... when things dry out and get warmer, my dream would be to hop in an RV and visit everyone! And now ... I think I'll curl up under a wee doll quilt and dream of nicer days ahead.
Love and hugs to all ... everyone be safe and Godspeed!