Old 10-29-2012, 06:30 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
I think it was on this site but I just can't find it! There was a discussion on the Davis NVF reverse button. The discussion was that it is not a reverse but a back tack. I was glad to hear that since I remember opening the faceplate on mine trying to fix the reverse action and I was not successful. However, I put the Davis NVF in its cabinet today and tested it out - my Back Tack button works as it must have been designed. It simply puts the needle back in the same hole over and over again until I release the button. That is similar to what my Bernina 440QE does to secure stitches at the beginning and end of some patterns. Anyway, even though I can't find the discussion, thank you for this different take on the button, I can relax now knowing that my machine is indeed working.
Judy I remember this discussion too. I have a New Vertical Feed Davis, but I have not sewn with her. I have my original Vertical Feed Davis - a pre 1900 machine - that I use. I don't have a treadle to put the new Davis in. I thought I could switch the two and use either or, depending on my mood, but since I measured them the other day and discovered that the old one has 1/2" more throat space - I'm wondering if they will switch out? I need to try the switch!

Nancy