Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 AM
marla

Maria, I am not sure if anyone mentioned this, but when you buy your rulers, make sure they are all the same make. For instance, get all Omnigrid or Optima or whatever so the measurements will remain consistent. I bought some other brands and found they did not measure the same. Also, do not use your cutting board to measure as that also may not be accurrate. I have bought other rulers for special projects such as the Strip Tube Ruler which made life easier than trying to calculate measurements from a regular ruler.Good luck to you. Happy Quilting.

Originally Posted by ML1221 View Post
Hi..I'm 25 years old and new to quilting and I love it.. I have been taking classes at my local high school and have learned so much.. But what I haven't learned is how to make and or have someone make me some different acrylic rulers or template.. I've been to Joann and Walmart and I've also checked out so many quilt shop online and one thing they have in common is how expensive those rulers are.. If anyone has some ideas I would love some feed backs... Thanks so much Maria