Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM
quiltingnd

Thank you for the warm welcome and great suggestions. I will get the measurements of the quilt and the fabric I have for the backing. Hopefully later this afternoon.

Sierra- I quilted in the squares, around the squares, and around the lattice. I was just too lazy this morning to type all that. The quilt was made in a quilting class and I quilted where I was told to quilt. (since I'm new to quilting, I had no idea what to do and am going to have to wing it on this YBR quilt.) Oh..and the finished quilt above is only a lap size quilt.

I have a plan old square quilt top that I made over 7 years ago. Trying to make something along the lines that my grandmother would have made using just 5 inch squares (she would use a piece of cardboard and it's what I used, lol.) The top sat here for years. I was going to actually throw it away when a new friend of mine who quilts took it and quilted it for me. I am very grateful she did that. I still need to make the binding and put it on. It's actually a queen size quilt and I can't imagine trying to quilt it with a regular sewing machine when the lap ones are so very difficult to pull and tug the fabric around. I will have to share a picture of it, but it's not fancy by any means.