View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 03:27 PM
DogHouseMom

how far away from Streator are you willing to travel??

My favorite LQS is about 26 miles (as the crow flies) NE of Streaor in Morris Il. It's a good size shop, good amount of batiks, and nice selection of books as well. The staff is the best part though, they're very friendly and helpful - and usually busy
The Fabric Center
301 Liberty St.
Morris, IL 60450
815-942-5715

Another very nice shop, also a good size is about 40 miles NW of Streator in Princeton IL. I've only been there once, large selection but NO batiks (at least not then - that was 1.5 years ago), but a large selection of home spuns which was nice.
Old Times Quilters Heaven
954 N. Main St.
Princeton, IL 61356
815-872-9841

There is another shop just down the street from the one in Princeton, forgot the name, much smaller shop but they have a nice selection of fine yarns in the loft.

Lastly ... if your brave ... 44 miles south (and almost all Interstate so it should be a quick drive) in Bloomington IL is a place called "The Treadle". I say brave because ... well it's a small shop but they have a LARGE inventory. Bolts stacked, laid, leaning, EVERYWHERE. Narrow aisles with poor lighting, aisles that lead down - but no outlet. The whole time I was in there I kept thinking "please don't let the fire alarm go off".