Thread: Deer crossing
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 AM
kathbug

Default Deer crossing

Last week my DH and I went for a few day get away to Philadelphia , PA. I was listening to the news they where talking with a call in listener regarding postings of deer crossings. She was quite upset that they would put deer crossing signs on the highway. She did not understand why they did not put them in a place where there is less traffic. She went on to argue the point that people can not just stop,for deer that will be crossing on the highway and that they need to put them ( crossing signs) in a place with less traffic.. Well I wasn't sure I was hearing the caller correctly, what I understood was that she was saying is basically the signs where put up to let the deer read so they knew where to cross safely. Well the news people clarified what she was saying a and yep that's exactly what she meant. She went on to say that they should put the deer crossing signs in an area like they put children crossing signs in a less traffic area so the cars can stop more easily. I could not stop laughing, that is after I clarified what I thought I heard with my DH. The news people had a really hard time keeping straight faces also.