Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Good Morning Ladies ... and I hope it is a Good one!

Honchey ... do hope that things weren't so bad for you, though from the TV last night, I am filled with fright. Looks like you prepared as best you could. I'm sure your mind is far from doing any sewing!

QNSue ... ITA the media does create the sensation and fright around all things ... weather, wars, tusnamis, fires, etc.

JanRN ... I think you just gave us our morning smile with Patches under the umbrella, and your DH getting soaked! Good Man that MrJanRN is!!!

Yesterday I was thinking and reading some about Hurricane Hazel in 1954, and was wondering how this compared? From its devastation, so much good came, with flood control planning and installations all across the province. So far here, it's been a lot of wind and rain ... certainly nothing where I was frightened to the max and felt my home was going to blow away. Although at times like this, I wonder about the trees all around my home and hope they don't decide to topple. Now, while I don't think things were so bad ... I have to temper that knowing I have the shelter of the bush ... I may hear and see otherwise beyond!!

Stay Safe, Honchey and JanRN!