View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:26 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by coffeebreak View Post
I am quickly coming up on enough scraps to make a scrap quilt. I don't really like them as to me they are just to busy. I am a more structured, tailored kind of person so things to me just have to have more order than a scrappy quilt...BUT...I am here to learn and not waste so....scrap quilt it is!

I have kept pieces as large as possible when trimming scraps as I figure I can always cut smaller if I need to. I have one drawer thing of 2,1/2inch squares and strips. One with 3,1/2 and same with 5"
Alot of colors, not to many of the same color or pattern.

So.. I have the supplies, now I need the "know how". How do you choose a pattern for scrap quilts? Color pattern I figure isn't much a requirement, but I want something other than just sewing squares together. That "postage stamp" quilt makes me cross eyed! Just to much right there.

So give me some suggestions on using pretty much any size scraps to make a quilt that isn't so busy as so many prints could be. Thank you very much.
Try a controlled scrappy if you like more structure. Pick a color pallette and stick with it just use a bunch of different fabrics of those colors. My first controlled scrappy I bought bunches of 1/4 yards at my lqs, so it didn't hit me too hard. Was possessed ever since - lol
Quiltville is my fav.