View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:44 AM
SuzyQ

Who taught you to sew? My Mom taught me as a child. She made our clothes when I was growing up.

What frustrated you the most about your sewing machine? Thread tension. Mom was always afraid of the tension so I never learned how to make adjustments or how to do anything except straight stitching. The machine I have now has a drop in bobbin and a dial for tension which makes it much easier to adjust.

What would make it easier to learn to sew? Taking a beginners class that will also teach you about the machine.

What did you do to conquer the sewing machine? Just kept trying ... which is hard because I have no patience LOL

What kept you going? Stubbornness

Where did you keep your sewing machine? Case or Cabinet? On a table. I'd love to have a cabinet but the table was free.

When did you conquer the sewing machine? I still have to make adjustments when I change stitches but I'm no longer afraid of it.

How did you ever learn to quilt? I took a beginners class at a local quilt shop

Did you use a straight stitch or zig zag sewing machine to learn to sew? the machine had both but I was only allowed to use the straight stitch

Were you a child or an adult when you learned to quilt? Adult. I wish I had caught the bug much earlier.

Suzy