Thread: Machine use
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Nona

I use all my vintage machines...which ever one strikes my fancy when I start a project. My newest machine which I bought a year ago was a brother embroidery machine. It was new and I had to have one....funny thing is I haven't even read the book and It is sitting on the counter with a cover on it and I haven't even threaded it. This year I am going to learn how to use it. I have 2 featherweights, a pfaff 101 Treadle, a 15 year old pfaff (I consider my new machine), a singer 301, a pfaff 130 circa 1950, and a viking mega quilter ( at least 15 years old), and a Kenmore crinkle 1947 or48. I have six permanent sewing stations with machines all set up. I initially put diffent color thread in each machine with matching bobbins ( I did more general sewing when I started...now I almost always just quilt). I just pick one to make a quilt on and start. Each machine has it's better quality, but I just like the durability with all of them. I usually clean them myself, but occasionally they did a more expert attention. I have a service person who is semi retired and I must have been his first customer because no matter what is wrong the charge is always the same $20.00 and parts which he usually robs from a parts machine donor. It is a perfecty solution for me.