View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Michelekolt

Who taught you to sew? High School and college classes

What frustrated you the most about your sewing machine? My first machine was a Singer and I didn't know back then they needed to be oiled. Still have and my daughter is learning to sew on it now.

What would make it easier to learn to sew? Youtube and online classes have taken my sewing and quilting farther then my college sewing class.

What did you do to conquer the sewing machine? Learn from others mistakes, and taught myself the features of my Viking 875.

What kept you going? Things I have been making are so beautiful.

Where did you keep your sewing machine? Case or Cabinet? On my desk, quilt daily now. With cover to keep the cats off my machine.

When did you conquer the sewing machine? Still learning

How did you ever learn to quilt? taught myself, watching videos and reading books I found on what I wanted to learn.

Did you use a straight stitch or zig zag sewing machine to learn to sew? Yes, my singer was a 5 stitch and my Viking has hundreds of stitches.

Were you a child or an adult when you learned to quilt? When I was in grade school my older sister got a singer for christmas and I tried to make a 1/2 triangle pillow, but most of the time she wouldn't let me use her machine. I started Quilting about 3 years ago and I have made many quilts already.