View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 06:14 AM
lakekids

Who taught you to sew? My mother. Before she and my dad bought there business she use to make clothing for other people to earn some money.

What frustrated you the most about your sewing machine? Not enough space in the harp for large quilts and tension when using fine threads.

What would make it easier to learn to sew? I have not had a difficult time for the things I like now - quilting and home dec. I quit making clothes because I was always slightly disappointed in how they turned out. Fitting clothes to myself is an issue.

What did you do to conquer the sewing machine? Practice, practice , practice.

What kept you going? I enjoy making things and I love, love, love fabric!

Where did you keep your sewing machine? Case or Cabinet? My main sewing machine, a Juki TL98e, is in a quilting cabinet. Of course I now have a treadle (also in a cabinet), a Singer 301A in the card table and a Singer 128 in a case, and a Pfaff 7570 in a case..

When did you conquer the sewing machine? Have I conquered it? I still have a lot to learn about all the decorative stitches on my Pfafff - since I mostly quilt.

How did you ever learn to quilt? I taught myselft after watching Bethany Reynolds demonstrate the Stack and Whack technique on Simply Quilts. I am still learning about free motion quilting.

Did you use a straight stitch or zig zag sewing machine to learn to sew? A straight stitch machine

Were you a child or an adult when you learned to quilt? My mother taught me to sew when I was 10. She decided that we couldn't learn until then. Prior to that I would sometimes stand behind her machine and remove pins as she sewed.