Old 10-30-2012, 07:34 AM
JulieB

[QUOTE=Sierra;5623431]It is an extrodinary and lovely quilt! There was a thread recently about auctioning quilts. I have done it several times, BUT do tell the school a minimum price! Sometimes these things will go for $50 and you have $200 in the cost of the quilt and machine maintenance. You should at least cover your basic expenses.

Thanks for sharing; I am glad we really haven't had that problem. That would indeed be discouraging. Our school auction has a whole section just for quilts, and we're rather known for that. Our part of the country is known for quilts (Lancaster Co. PA) and we generally get good prices for them. It's rare for a quilt to go for less than $400, and the quilt my MIL and I made and donated two years ago went for over $1000. I think that's the most money we've ever had a quilt bring, and we were quite happy with that. But it is a terrible shame to see quilts go for so cheap when you know it doesn't even cover the material, let alone the time. You just feel it's not valued when it does that.