View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:05 PM
lvaughan

Originally Posted by coffeebreak View Post
Okay...you just aren't supposed to say that....that you want as much wrinkling and shrinkage as possible! You might make some of us go into convulsions..as we struggle and strive for smoothness and firm shape! "Please don't wrinkle" and "please don't shrink" are the constitution of quilting!!!! LOL!!!

But may I ask..as I calm myself from shaking...why do you want those to things in this quilt?
Thank you everyone for the many compliments. I've been rearranging blocks every since posting picture and am now ready to assemble rows. My husband normally helps with this part, he really has an eye for arranging the colors, but he left on a deployment two months ago and won't be back for another 10 months. I really miss his help.

Coffeebreak, yes, for this quilt I do want as much wrinkling as possible. I do know what you mean about hoping/almost praying a quilt won't shrink. I made a quilt for my youngest daughter, 30 yo, and didn't want any wrinkling at all. Guess what, it shrunk drastically. I was so upset, almost cried and I'm not normally a cryer over such things. This quilt just needs the wrinkley look.