Thread: New guy intro
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:05 PM
rustydailey

Default New guy intro

I'm a new quilter. I kinda jumped into it with both feet. I'm in the Navy and work on a submarine, and it's cold. So I decided that I needed a quilt. I thought how hard can it be? I know how to sew. So off the the fabric store we go. I had a rough Idea of what I wanted and as we were looking thru the books trying to calculate a very kind lady helped us where we were lost. So we got the fabric, much more expensive than I had figured but oh well. So we get home and now we are trying to figure out how to cut out the fabric. We started with a yard stick and rotary cutter and went to scissors after the rotary cutter became to difficult. Fast forward to the day before I go on deployment and we still haven't really started on anything. So my wife starts cutting squares and I start sewing. With all the novice unknowns and arguments we finally got done at about 2 in the morning. Not bad for a couple of amateurs. Now we are trying to make another quilt. This one will be for our queen size bed. We are trying to use just the scrap that we have from various projects. We are still trying to figure out the design and aren't looking forward to cutting out 450 squares but we will eventually get done.

Here is the first quilt I did.
Attached Thumbnails quilt.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-30-2012 at 02:56 PM.