Old 10-15-2009, 07:46 PM
burnsk

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I can cut about six layers of regular quilting fabric, less if the fabric is of heavier weight but generally about six layers.

I find that it is VERY accurate, it has a strip of foamy, almost like weather stripping (the stuff you use around doors to keep the cold air out) that keeps your cutter/ruler from sliding on the fabric as you cut.

The only thing that I have found that is hard to cut are pieces that are less than an inch wide
DITTO - I have the Fiskars 24" fabric cutter and love it. I found mine on sale at WalMart for $15 on clearance. Saw the 12" cutter at JoAnn's for $49.99 but don't recommend the shorter one. Originally saw the 24" Fiskars at WalMart for $25 on clearance and told myself, "No, you don't need another gizmo", so I passed it up. The following week-end I went to a sewing retreat and one of the gals there had one and just raved about it and showed me how it works. She was cutting up a storm. It uses the standard 44mm blades (or is it 45mm?) and they are so easy to replace. I couldn't wait to get home and go to WalMart. Lo and behold, when I got there it was marked down even more. I bought 2 - one for myself and one for my sister. So glad I did.