View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Jill_in_Texas

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
what makes you believe that you machine was used
It was filthy when I took it apart before I ever even used it. There was lint and dust in it. When I went to take it back, they refused to take the return, saying it was a "sale" item and that all sales were final when the price was discounted. It would sew a little ... umm ... crooked, I guess you would say. The stitching wasn't even and it would run a little rough. I took it to another dealer and had it serviced, and it worked better, but every once in a while it would have a hiccup and do some weird things - like the embroidery outline would be WAY off, even though it sewed the exact same design five times prior with no issues. It didn't come in a box - but the dealer told me he just unboxed it so it was "easier to carry" and all the parts were there (they were; I checked before I bought it).

I had bad luck with that dealer on the purchase of that machine, and then bad luck with the machine repairman at another shop (never take your machine to someone you once dated, though I had no idea he was still working there). I will go back to where I bought my PC-8500 to purchase my next machine, even though it's no where near convenient for me anymore. I know the people who work there, and I trust them implicitly.