View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:28 AM
mhollifiel

Due to a trip related to an unexpected distant family death, I spent over three hours shopping there in early January this year and it was fantastic. So much to choose from and great selections. I also shopped their "rejects" for $1/yd. Many of those would have been unusable but some only had a streak that hadn't taken the dye down the length of the piece. Hello, I am a QUiLTER! I cut this stuff up! I bought 8 yds of a beautiful green I have used and used. I bought lots of finds from that big bin. You have to look but I love a bargain. Of course, I spent time and money all over the store. They even had a nice batik selection.
Since I am from North Carolina, I stocked up and spent nearly $400. I filled the spaces between our luggage (we motorcyclists pack light) in our SUV and some in the back seat. Our Dog was a bit cramped coming home but he's only 17 pounds! I have already used much of this for Project Linus quilt tops so it sews up great. Lots of choices especially for preteen boys which is my target age of choice.
Now I have a dilemma. That is, whether I'd rather go to Arkansas or Maine (Mardens). Both have great selection and prices. What delicious choices!!! Right now I am hunkered down to winter sewing so I have lots of time to think about what I'll do. . . unless there's someplace else equally "fabriclicious" with fantastic prices???

Last edited by mhollifiel; 10-31-2012 at 04:30 AM.