View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Caswews

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

My mother and grandmother started teaching me how to sew, embroider, cook all that good stuff when I was 6- then our family had family matters-Mom was a single parent so there was no monies for material, much less embroidery thread. SO it was a lost art in our family for quite a while till I had a daughter of my own and decided I need to re-learn how to do these things. So I bought a Kenmore it had only forward, reverse and zig zag, that machine lasted me 20 years and only cost 99.00. Then I bought a Brother Machine and was hooked till it broke down- took it in and the sewing mechanic said it needs a coffin.. So I bought a Pfaff, and relearning a new machine has been a challenge needless to say, but I am again re-learning !LOL I just wish it had the automatic needle threader and a bigger harp- I do have an 8" harp but I guess I need bigger !LOL
For the most part I am a self taught- when I saw I wanted to make something: Library, books and learning from others has been my learning method.
The most frustrating though is when a pattern isn't correct and you are in the middle of the item and you realize its not complete in directions. Been there done that one !LOL