View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:56 AM
bigsister63

[QUOTE=JenelTX;5624584]I have the Brother PQ1500S, which you can buy on Amazon for $655. I *looooove* it! (But have no experience on other machines, so I can't compare.) It's a straight stitch machine only, no zigzag stitches. I just finished free-motion quilting a quilt for my stepson with lots of swirls, etc, so "straight stitch only" does not mean no curves, for those who don't know.

I agree!!! Love this machine. Easy sewer, wide throat for easier FMQ. Great machine. I only wanted straight stitch since that is realy only what you do with peicing/quiltin. It comes with FM foot and the feet dogs drop for FMQ. Also it has no computer to "mess" up. I has a Singer with all the fancy stitches to use if I need them. I now use my PS1500 for my peicing. I suggest that you go to sewing centers and "test" sew different machine to see which one that you like. I also bought mine on Amazon which is an authorized Brother dealers which should mean that yiou can get your machine services at other dealers. I paid $600 for mine but with free shipping and no sales taxe. I have seen this machine for less on Amazon. You might also check Amazon prices if you chose a different machine. A new machine what fun!!!!!!!