View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by suziehammond View Post
November AND December Art Quilt Challenge

Life is a bit strange for many people this season.... the holidays race towards us and storms and upheavals of varying sorts are creating more demands on some of our members us than usual. If you are anything like me one of my greatest sanity savers is to create something. So here we have November and I am going to throw in December as well so that you can all get into your planning and creating at a breakneck but artistic pace.
-----------------------------

November Challenge
We have all had points in our lives when something happened and we were much the worse off because of it......but then...you looked around and took advantage of opportunities presented and a bad situation resolved into an unexpected but much better life than you anticipated. How wonderful!

Opps! Unplanned pregnancy? But got to raise a fantastic child. Flooded house? Better house & life in new community. Major illness? Leads to a new satisfying career...etc.

Can you portray one of these occurrences from your life in a fabric art piece?

December Challenge
If you are like most of us you've got the Xmas projects planned. But how about using some of your old tried out techniques in a new way to make your gifts more 'arty'? Just a little more thought on a project might take it to a new level, sometimes without any extra work. I know...you'll be tempted to maybe go a bit crazy and for a few projects that is OK, so enjoy! But for most goodies you might find that just a few arty 'upgrades' on what you have planned are really satisfying. (Take photos for us)

-----------------------

I look forward to seeing the projects populate the board here. We all need inspiration as we get busy so I hope you take a few minutes to share, motivate and expand opportunities for us all.

Holiday hugs to all!
Here it is Judy!