Old 10-31-2012, 12:55 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
think of her as a child who will have new adventures and when 'she' sews a quilt for a show ...go and admire the award ribbon.
Yes,.. I like this. I do know that Midge will have now joined a quilting guild. So she will be oohed and ahhhhed when she shows up there.

I've had an email from the lady who took Midge home. They're bonding.

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. View Post
I have had my Pfaff only a year, I can't imagine ever parting with her, haven't named her though...I take good care of her and hope she is around a long long long time. She is my one and only...
Midge was named for one of the Archie Comics characters. I had Betty the 27, first, and then Ronnie (Veronica - the first FW), and it just followed from there.

I wonder if my attachment to her has to do with the fact that she's the first machine I consciously chose to "collect". She is actually the first machine I bought, besides Betty who'd originally been bought as "furniture".

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
I let one of my Featherweights go a week ago and sure feel your pain. Our church quilting ministry was started many years ago by the most wonderful lady. She's in her early 80s and just precious to me. We were donated the use of a new building, so for the dedication ceremony, they wanted to honor Ina for all her work. To date, we have made well over 1000 quilts. So......I had taken different featherweights to sew with me on several occasions and she always had admired them. When they talked about giving her a gift, I volunteered my 1947 one for them to buy from me. I really wanted her to have it, but it was sooooooo hard actually letting it go. It was my very first one. <sigh> I know I did the right thing because she was thrilled to death. She even said she hadn't been able to sew much because her machines were so heavy and she'd just about given it up. She talks about sewing all winter long now, which makes my heart smile. (even though I still miss my FW!) I have 4 more.
That's such a wonderful thing you did!! The fact alone that she was going to give up sewing and doesn't have to now is so great!!

I will also tell DH that it's OK for me to have more FW if they show up, and use your post as an example.