Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM
CountryHouseQuilter

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement on the gall bladder surgery. Had a spell last night and a hard time getting to sleep. Tuesday is the doc appt, and we'll see what he has to say.

Congrats to Cindy for her new job and liking it!!!! Hope you continue to like it and hopefully all lifes pieces will fall into place for you now.

We weathered "Sandy" ok. No trees in the house, which is good since we live in the woods. We did lose about 5 around us though. But, we got water in the basement (where I sew). Thankfully all my quilting stuff is up off the floor or in plastic containers and was spared, but alot of things in our storage area weren't. We've spent yesterday mopping and drying out the main area and today we hit the storage room. It was bitter sweet. I'm getting my husband to trash a lot of things that should have been dumped years ago, and label things "yard sale". On the sad side we have found some things that got wet that we can't replace, including DH's Mom's family bible, family pictures, and a couple other things. But we're looking on the bright side and letting these issues go. It could have been worse and next time we'll be even more prepared. We had a generator but a friend wired our garage years ago. Apparently he didn't know what he was doing and the power didn't back feed into the house like it was suppose to, thus the sub pump didn't work. Live and learn. We now have another friend who is a true electrician wiring it for us and when I can afford it there will be a whole house generator installed. DH and I are just happy to not have trees sticking in our roof or a swimming pool in our basement.