View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 02:11 AM
scrappingfaye58

I have been blessed with friends who gift me their scraps... I LOVE SCRAPS!!! I too used to cut them all up, and wonder the whole time "what if I want this for something else next week?"... Now, I cut and sew, and know that somehow, they seem to multiply like wire coat hangers or dust bunnies when left alone lol...

I do sometimes cut "ala Bonnie Hunter"... usually that is my project when I am working as a camp nurse... I have time to kill, and that is an easy project to iron and cut and it allows me to walk (RUN) away if I am needed "right this minute" -- I just can't see mindless cutting when I am here at home and have my sewing machine. The precut pieces do allow me to just sit and sew when the mood strikes... (the pic I posted earlier this week, was the result of a friend gifting me a bag of scraps and the precut pieces she had included allowed me to put together a crib size quilt in 2 days time!!!)

so.... the bottom line??? Cut them up, sew and enjoy!!! There will always be some other piece of fabric that fits right into your scrap quilt...

ENJOY!!!
Faye