View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 AM
suziehammond

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
Hi Suzie. With all due respect, you have picked out two great challenges but my mind always goes blank.. I just might have to do my own thing here. But, time will tell. I will wait to see if something pops into my mind.
Your own thing is perfectly divine. Challenge criteria should hopefully be helpful...but sometimes my mind just runs in another direction entirely from the 'suggestion' of a challenge. And I do some very good work that way.

With luck a challenge can spur you to think in a new direction about an area you wouldn't approach with the idea of a quilt. I almost never get an instant idea on a challenge. For me it always has to be turned over while I stand in line at the grocery store or under the shower. Now that I think of it I realize that the banishing of 'what I need to do next' in real life is a big component for me. My escapism at work.

All art quilt projects are happily gobbled up by all of us I think. They are so interesting in so many ways. I know I will be looking forward to whatever creation has popped into your mind and been executed.