View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 AM
MimiBug123

My grandmother taught me to sew on my greatgrandmother's 1907 Singer 27 treadle. It now sits proudly in my home in it's original cabinet and still sews a beautiful seam. The hardest thing for me was not being able to reach the treadle, and that problem was solved by growing! I spent so many hours sitting in her lap feeding my little snippets of fabrics while she treadled for me. Precious memories!!!! I started out making doll quilts when I was very young. Sometimes if her scraps were large enough, I just marked and cross hatched a single piece of fabric. I have both cabinet and case machines. I mostly use my Janome 10001 for embroidery and applique. I like one of my treadles for piecing. I use my 15 for FMQing. I use my turquise Morse when I feel like driving a 57 Chevy (lol). As to where I keep all of them...well, anywhere I can find an empty corner! Each bedroom has a couple, there are 4 in the living room, 2 in the dining room, one bathroom even has one! No, we don't use that bathroom, so I don't worry about the moisture or anything harming it.