Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by MarthaT View Post
Your purses look so well made! What do you use to make them so crisp looking? Do you use a special stiff interfacing or something to keep them from drooping. I'd love to know how well they sell at your craft fair. I've often thought of doing a booth at one of our local events, but was afraid I would be stuck with more "gifts" than I needed. (My reasoning is, "Well if they don't sell I can use them as Christmas and b'day gifts." LOL!) I've thought of doing a mixture of bags, table toppers, wall hangings, baby quilts, etc. But I've stayed busy enough with custom hand quilting that I've not had a lot of play time in the sewing room.
I use different interfacings for different purses. Mostly, I love Pellon Fusible fleece 987, which is soft but still gives some padding. I use it for the outside and lining. I use Craft Fuse 808, Decor Bond 809, and a few others if I want more of a stiffness than soft padding. In have never done a craft show, so if they don't sell between the one Nov 10 and another Dec 1, my female members of the family will be getting them, and I already have a boutique and resort in Vanuatu that sell them, so I will just take them with me when I go in March. I took 29 last time and they all sold out
quickly. I really want to get back to my quilting, so after this, I will take a purse break for a while to get my McKenna Ryan Birdhouse quilt done. However, if they sell really well, I might just have to squeeze a few more in!!