View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Chicca

Cool

There is a section on the board about organizing. If you go to the bottom of the main page, there is a line that has several options, click on Archives. It will take you to a page, right under Pictures is a line about Organization, click on that and it will give you a page with all links to threads others have started about Organizing. Have fun searching, I really enjoy reading these and seeing how others do organize and share photos about there sewing rooms and so many other topics.

I myself, like you when I first began had quite a disaster area where my fabrics were concerned. I tried several different methods for storing. But, found out quickly that I really love to see all of my fabrics. So, my hubby gave me this shelf and they were stuffed there. After a short while, that did not work....I inhereted quite a bit of fabric from friends who no longer wanted it. So, I took quite a bit of time and ruler folded all fabrics that were at least a fat quarter. Then I took the time to cut all of my left over scraps into specific sized blocks and found plastic see through boxes for them. Marked the outside of each with the size of blocks and even seperated into two sections, lights and darks. It is very general, but works fabulous for me.

You can also check out various blogs for information, just type in your search bar Organizing Fabric Ideas for Quilting. One way does not work for another, so you just have to explore and try various ideas and see what works for you. Have a great time searching and exploring for the one that will work for you.

Here is a photo of part of my sewing room...pretty messy in this photo, but the only one I could find. LOL. Oh well, that is what happens when I get busy with a project. When finished, then it all gets tidied up and looks great. It works fabulously for me.
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg