View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 12:50 PM
peggymunday

Originally Posted by liont View Post
How did you get such an amazing deal? I thought the stretching fee alone is $2000?
I was lucky enough to find a previously loved machine in a city about an hour away from me on Craigslist. She had a new computerized Gammil and had no room left for this one. In fact when I first saw it, she had it broken down to a 6' width because the room it was in was too small. I was pleasantly surprised to find she had the additional rails to make it the 12' it is now. It's not top of the line, it has no stitch regulator (but that's okay, because it's good to be able to regulate on your own, which I have learned to do), and not a lot of bells and whistles, but it does beautiful stitches and is a real powerhorse. I think if I spent several thousand dollars (ha, as if I had that, lol) and had a computerized machine, I'd almost be afraid to mess with it for fear I'd break something. This one is very forgiving of my practicing. Here's a pic of freehand writing just a few days after setting up the machine....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373842[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_3812.jpg