View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:10 PM
JanieW

Originally Posted by kimg View Post
I try to clean my machine well after each project, but I have never taken it back to the dealer for a better clean and tune up. I bought it last April, so it is well over a year old. My dealer isn't real close. Is it worth the trip? Do you usually have to leave the machine for a few days to get this done? I have a Pfaff Expression 2.0 and I love it. I sure don't want to mistreat it by not providing needed service.
You'll get lots of different opinions on whether it is necessary to take your machine in for a cleaning or not. In the end you'll know what seems best for you.

I have a Pfaff expression 4.0 and an older Pfaff 7530. I take my 4.0 in for maintenance once a year and use the 7530 for back up. I get the 7530 maintained about every 3 years because I don't use it as much as the 4.0.

I clean my bobbin area and feed dogs every time I change a bobbin . If you think about all the fluff that you clean out of it in the areas you can reach, imagine all those places that we can't get at and how much stuff may accumulate in a year's time. They also check the tension and timing and make sure all the bells and whistles are doing what they are supposed to.

Check with your dealer to see if they will let you make an appointment for same day service if you have to go some distance. I used to do this when I lived an hour away from the dealer. If he knew I was coming in, he would make sure my machine was ready in a few hours.

I spent a fair bit on these Pfaffs, I sew almost every day, so I want to keep them in good running order.