Thread: Super Storm
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Phyl

New York City is devastated. The tunnels were completely filled with water. Homes caught fire and burned to the ground. On Staten Island two children, ages 2 and 4 were swept away from their Motherby the oncoming waters. Their bodies were found today. Some houses were left unscathed while others looked as if a tornado hit. I saw one house that only had the three front steps left. Most of us didn't have power for two or three days. Some still don't have it. The boardwalk at the beach is gone. New Jersey was hit sooooo badly. No boardwalk as well. More houses lost completely. I still can't locate my friends from Long Island. Most of those people have no power as of yet. Cell phones only started working today. I can get calls but can't make calls on my cell. My husband and I were very lucky. We were only inconvenienced by the power outage. We had no heat but we have a gas stove so we made soup and drank tea while waiting for the power to come on. My nieces and their families are in Jersey and still have no heat, no electric. I was lucky. We slept under five quilts while wearing two sets of clothing. We have an organization called PROJECT HOSPITALITY on Staten Island. They feed, clothe and house the homeless. They are in great need of non perishable food. If anyone is in the Staten Island area, please donate food to them. It has to be non perishable only. My husband and I got a "taste" of what it was to feel alone, to have no heat and it wasn't fun. Please help when you can. Check on your neighbors and keep a journal filled with gratitude for all we have. Pray please and thanks for helping.

Last edited by Phyl; 11-01-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: grammar