Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 AM
SharonAnne

Krystyna - My heart is breaking for your losses and suffering and disorientation, but rejoicing that you and your family survived. It must have been soooo frightening. If there is anything at all I can do, please let me know. Prayers, of course, are a given. Not sure if you are even getting mail (likely not) but possibly we could send you care packages. If this is a possibility, please send PM when you can.

I was sick with worry about my DD who lives in NJ and my DS who lives in DE, as well as many other friends and relatives living on Long Island. DD/DSIL and family (my 3 DGK's) will not have power back for quite some time - they were told 7-12 days (which means 2+ weeks or longer). Fortunately my DS fared better and did not lose power in his little sheltered community, so DD packed up and is invading her brother's house for a while. He just bought his house about a month ago - God works in mysterious ways, and spared him the heartache of losing it so soon. I am so grateful, but still worried about local cleanup and health issues. As K said, mold is a nasty and dangerous thing to deal with.

OK, time to send Lori a PM to join Nov swap and then get back to sleep. My body clock is all off kilter and I fell asleep for a few hours this evening and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed about 1 AM. But now I'm getting sleepy again and the 6 AM alarm will go off in 3.5 hours as it is now 2:30 AM.

Thoughts and prayers for all our quilting friends affected by Sandy. One positive side to this situation is the number of jobs it will create for many things such as renovation, cleanup, design of new buildings, insurance adjusters, repair people, and on and on.