Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
grant15clone

Donna, There is not a lot out there that I have found about the White machines and their history. Is it a FR (Free Rotary) machine? Serial # Fr XXXXXX? From what I can gather, the white Sewing Machine Co. either didn't keep very good records or they were lost in general or in a flood or a fire. They made a lot of machines for different labels. Kenmore being one of them. Do you have a specific question on a specific machine? I have had a few White Rotary machines and I am pretty familiar with them. If you would like to PM me I can see if I can help and would be glad to do so. If it is a FR (Free Rotary) I bet I can answer almost any question other than date and place of manufacture. The New Home would depend on what model and where it was made. Some were made in Germany some in the US (I think by White) but most were made in Japan.
Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
Cathy and Grant,
Thank you both for adding to my list of resources. There is so much to learn!!! Do either of you, or anyone else, know of a really informative site for vintage/antique White DSM? I have 3 in my garage awaiting restoration (after Christmas, I imagine) and would like more knowledge. I called and got the year for 2 of them but no info on number 3. I also have an old New Home that I want to learn more about if you have any good references for them. Thanks a bunch to you both and all on the board for sharing info.
Donna