View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:35 PM
QultingaddictUK

Default 1st String quilt blocks

A few years back a very kind quilter sent me a book on String quilts so years later I decide to use up some of my mountain of scraps and make one, well it turns out it will be 2 at least.

The 1st block I made was what first came to hand which were pink/purples etc. it will be, when finished another quilt for my posh bedding collection. But then I noticed a pile of warm Autumn coloured scraps and as I need one for my Sofa bed, which Muffin uses as her bed, I gave the previous one to my Brother (I must stop giving my quilts away ) I didn't want to make a special one as Muffin scratches to make her bed comfy so I think this will certainly fit the bill.

I have used an old cotton sheet as the foundation and as me and my Patchwork ladies are going to Abakhan for our Christmas lunch and for their sale, I will get a nice piece of fleece. This will make it cosy for when it's needed but also help to make it "grip" to the settee, hopefully.
Attached Thumbnails pink-mauves-string-piece.jpg   autumn-string-qult-block.jpg