View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Silver Needle

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Who taught you to sew?
What frustrated you the most about your sewing machine?
What would make it easier to learn to sew?
What did you do to conquer the sewing machine?
What kept you going?
Where did you keep your sewing machine? Case or Cabinet?
When did you conquer the sewing machine?
How did you ever learn to quilt?
Did you use a straight stitch or zig zag sewing machine to learn to sew?
Were you a child or an adult when you learned to quilt?
I come from a family of sewers. My grandmother was a tailor, my mother could sew and design anything, one aunt made wedding dresses and another sewed crafts. I was given a treadle about the age of 8. The hardest part was co-ordinating feet and hands to work together. Now we collect treadles and I still love sewing on them. My oldest daughter got me started quilting. Then I took a beginners class at LQS. Best thing I ever did as quilting daughter lives in San Jose CA. My first quilt I made was Storm at Sea for grandson's HS graduation. I tried a midarm machine and fell in love with longarm quilting. Not so much with the machine. Purchased APQS Millenium on 14' frame. A year later we added Intelliquilter computerized system to the Millenium. Now I am taking private digitizing classes with Suzanne Moreno. I want to create my own designs and be able to digitize other people's designs for them. Quilting and Digitizing are the first thing I think of with my morning coffee and the last thing I think of at night when my head hits the pillow.