View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:24 AM
suziehammond

I just got to thinking about all the things most quilters do these days and helping others out with our favorite fabric obsession is often in evidence isn't it?

After making umpteen gifts, organizing drives and distributions to the homeless, to orphanages and to victims of the huge Chilean earthquake I understand that need to give and help where you know there is a need. I encourage you all to do as much as you are happy doing. Go for it!

But if your are like many of us there will be one small corner or yourself crying out for something else. For me that is relieved and satisfied by my having some kind of art project kicking around in my mind or on the wall. So don't neglect that part of you. Turning over ideas and doing an occasional small art project doesn't take away from your other focus. It will possibly help you to stay motivated and moving on other long projects that don't satisfy the artistic need directly. (Not to mention which that you might arrange to sell or auction off the art piece to bring in some $$ for your favorite cause.)

So keep your objectives in mind and after you have spent massive time on your major focus area spend a little in the 'art' corner of your brain and see if it doesn't actually help you get everything done in record time and satisfaction.

Regards to All