View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Michelekolt

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
Really love this. Did you have a pattern? Did you sew strips together and then cut them? If you did what ruler did you use? How big are the blocks? Really like the secondary design. How many different fabrics did you use? How did you cut them the wrong way? All looks RIGHT to me. As you can tell think this is my next quilt. I know that I can't have yours so guess I'll have to do one of my own. Thanks for sharing. BrendaK
Thank you for your comments and yes this is a pattern. It's called Strip Search, I bought this at ben Frankin, and I used 2 Jelly rolls (Holiday Medley by Kansa Troubles) and yardage for the boarder and back. I did get a few fatquarters to correct some cutting mistakes.

The finished blocks are 15 1/2. The first strip sets are 5 strips cut into 10 1/2 blocks the 6 strips cut into 12 1/2 blocks half the blocks are cut on a angle from upper right to lower left. the the other half are cut from lower left to upper right. The pattern called for 12 finished blocks for lap quilt, but I have 25 blocks. Due to my cutting error I cut all my block from upper right to lower left.