View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:01 PM
pbadder

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Dotty - that is wonderful, what you are doing. Hope you are able to stay warm and keep safe.

Caroline S - I worry about the 2 oranges being so close in color. Love the John Henry fabric, in fact love all his crazy prints.

pbadder - I'm stumped as to what went wrong. 2-1/2" strips sewn together then cut to 2-1/2" segments have to come out at 6-1/2". Are you sure your WOF peices were cut to 2-1/2"? Any suggestions for pbadder from the club car? Did you iron from the right side to make sure you didn't have any little pucker that would decresed your width?

labeelady - those blocks are beautiful -- and now you see why I said some of you may want to change your fabrics.

katybob - both are very nice combos, do which ever you like best!
Problem solved I made 6" squares with the ones that went wrong. I recut and made sure the 3 strips sewn together measured 6-1/2" and all mine nine patches are now a squared 6-1/2". Here they are[ATTACH=CONFIG]374213[/ATTACH]There are 6 of each total of 12 squares. Now to wait for the next instructions. It was only the a and e fabric ones that didn't measure up. But these look good and measure right now.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-quilt-train-ride-3.jpg