Old 11-03-2012, 05:39 PM
miriam
Power Poster

I would not run an industrial with out adequate oiling system - If it needs that oil pan - it needs that oil pan. Some do not use an oil pan at all. Be sure it has one if it needs one though. I don't know where to research those old industrial machines - I think it would be a good idea before buying one though. I've had several - some with pans some without. While they are still just a sewing machine they can be somewhat different. Some have odd ways of setting the stitch length some have no reverse - some take big bobbins some take regular household size bobbins. Most have oil wicks up inside - I've seen them dried hard. It might be wise to do a bit of research before buying one of them. They are pretty easy to find these days. 10 years or so ago they were hard to find and expensive. Now that we have factories all over the place closed down and CL - the price has gone down as well. I've seen the same ad on CL for a couple years now for one. It is either in pathetic shape or they guy doesn't answer or he had a ton of them to get rid of - the ad keeps coming up. Parts aren't always as easy to come by as the home machines.