View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 AM
MrsBoats

Default considering giving up my zz machine

Help me not to be wishywashy please!

The plain fact is, sigfile aside, that I have too many sewing machines set up for use, and not enough room. I've got my 403 in a table, another table with the serger on it, my FW card table set up, and yesterday (prompting this) I made room for another table for almost-DIL's machine. The other end of the room is supposed to be The Husband's fishing stuff storage, but I admit, I'm encroaching.

I got to looking at what I use, and how, and now I'm thinking of removing the 403 from the equation. Mostly (these days) I quilt, for which I use my FW. For anything requiring more, I usually use the serger. OTOH, I'm eying a local 115, which would go in the 403's table, which wouldn't solve anything. I could get rid of the serger table, keep it in its case until I need it, then use it on top of the folded-up sm table. Or I could put my FW away and use the 403.

Gah. You see what I mean about being wishywashy? On top of this, I have two bookshelves, the cutting table, a plastic dresser full of batting and a real dresser full of fabric, with the ironing board on top. What I'd like is to find somewhere else for The Husband to keep his fishing stuff, but really, there isn't anywhere. (What he'd like is for me to stop taking over his half!)

So. I guess mostly what I'm looking for is, does anyone use only straight stitchers and miss/wish you had a zz? How many *working* machines do you have set up, ready for use, and actually use?

I have NO idea what I'm going to do, but something has to give somewhere!