View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:23 AM
miriam
Power Poster

It can take some time to get some of them to move. Janie was the first machine I ever freed up with only Triflow. I was so amazed at how well it worked. I have another machine that was more deluxe and it was badly frozen up - more complicated, too. I was advised by Ray White that the Triflow might take a month to free things up - it freed up eventually. I oil any thing that moves. Look way up inside the machine for anything that moves - chances are that is frozen up due to either dried up oil or never had any. Under the machine - drop one drop on anything that moves. We jiggled the hand crank as we went. Some times things moved - some times not. Jiggle anyway all you need is a tiny amount of oil to get in there and lubricate - it is not the oil you see that gunks up a machine - it is the tiny little bit of dried up oil you can't see that is causing it to freeze up. Never force it. If you have plastic parts do not use heat. Heat can some times speed things up. I have a hair dryer and some times a rice bag... well not so much the rice bag. That microwave SIL has burns the rice and I had a fire going one day - the end of the rice bag... The rice bag also puts out some steam and that is not so good on the machine. You can also turn the machine on it's side or back or on end upside down - get the oil to go in those little tight places. Crank the machine some more. I rarely have to disassemble to get it to move. I do remove the bobbin area and most of the time I pull the tension out and clean and then put it back - that way I know it is right - I've seen all kinds of creative tension assembly.

The tensions for these machines have given me more fits than all the other machines combined. Here is a manual with some good help. I will give one big hint though - if you need parts get a new tension that is supposed to fit that machine. I have tried to use spare parts and didn't like the results. Sew-classic has tensions and some of the parts. I would recommend dealing with her. She is reliable and up front. Oh here is that manual. http://www.tfsr.org/pub/technical_in...echanism_2.pdf you will need the info toward the bottom: UPPER TENSION MECHANISM - (15K model) This was a lot of help - there may be holes but if you run into snags just ask - there are people who can explain things better than I can. I just do it.