Old 11-04-2012, 06:39 AM
kbishburg

Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
You have a great attitude.. I am tired of the situation. I have electric, cable, but no heat, or hot water. I have my mom, brother, sister inlaw, and the two kids hanging out, off, and on with me, as they have no electric etc.. They are close to a sub station that is rebuilding.. As for the dogs.. My guy is freezing his behind off, and the doodle is enjoying the cold. Now we are being warned about the looters coming through our area, as a lot of people left their houses
My heart goes out to you - and my prayers! Take a deep breath and hang in there. if there is anything I can do to help - someone to whine and complain to, feel free. We are doing pretty well except no gasoline. My husband is a physician and on call so he has had to go to the hospital every day at least once (very sick transplant patients). Tuesday is my gas day. I'm taking my quilting and my ipod with an audio book loaded and will brave the 3-4 hour lines.
Re looting. After this, I plan to get a permit and get a handgun. My husband was an Israeli army officer and knows how to use and I will take a couple courses. I think one shot fired above the head of a looting mob will make them think twice...