Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Morag

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
They are light weight, so very portable, take up very little storage space, easy to take care of - even if you are not mechanical in mind, you can work this machine with a book or internet. You do not need formal training to use the machine, it is amazingly well built. But prices do get rather crazy because you have supply and demand and people get greedy. When I started quilting more seriously and wanted one to take to classes and various other events, I kept finding them in excess of $500.00 which was just crazy for me. So bought a little Europro for those things and kept my eyes open. The featherweights were made for so long they are not rare, and finally ended up with three (gave one to my sister) one at $300.00 the other 2 were under $200.00. In San Diego county I didn't really think I was going to find anything too much lower. But I love to look - just don't need to buy. Not sure why - but I can't help myself.
DITTO...DITTO...DITTO ..To all your comments..I have two centennials and would not part with them..Both came in very nice condition with all the attachments and book. Got each for under $300.00 a piece..