View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 AM
justflyingin

Default The Polish girls and their quilts

A few months ago I posted a picture showing two girls who were working on their own charity quilts. Their dad died April 1 and their mom works some Sundays. They've been coming to our house on those Sunday afternoons that she works and I've been teaching them about sewing. They took a hiatus when their mom didn't work, and I just left the squares in their plastic bags. However, the last few weeks they have come. We continued to work each time a little on their quilts. We finished completely today! In a few minutes I will meet their mom at work with the girls and their quilts and take them home.

Here are the pictures. I'm pleased and I know they are!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374337[/ATTACH] Here is a closer look. She is 9 years old. I decided to make use of my newly acquired embroidery machine and sew their names on sashing. It is harder than it seems like it should be and was a great chance for me to get to know my machine!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374339[/ATTACH]

Angelika's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]374341[/ATTACH]
She wanted hers tied. (Weronika wanted hers quilted.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]374342[/ATTACH]

Sample embroidery.[ATTACH=CONFIG]374343[/ATTACH]

Since I had several kids here this afternoon, we tied it rather quickly and I went ahead and finished it. Here is the group of helpers who got this tied quickly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374344[/ATTACH]

Enjoy. These are recipients of charity quilts but they basically "helped make their own." I think they are both quite happy.
Attached Thumbnails weronikas-quilt.jpg   weronika-quilt.jpg   angelikas-quilt.jpg   angelika-finished-quilt.jpg   embroidery-angelikas.jpg  

group-tying-angelikas-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by justflyingin; 11-04-2012 at 10:43 AM.