Old 11-04-2012, 10:59 AM
J Miller

Kind of off topic a bit but my wife has been making aprons with our "vintage" type machines.

This picture was taken this morning and when I looked at it the flower on the wall next to the door just jumped out at me. I'll tell you about the flower then Elaine can ask what she wants about the aprons.

My mom and I were exploring near the Salt River south of Phoenix over 30 years ago and we found a spot where people had dumped some trash. In the trash was this flower. It's made from plaster of Paris or something like that and was broken. There was a couple pieces missing too.
We brought it home and glued it back together. Then using spackling compound we filled in the missing pieces, contoured and detailed them to look like what used to be there. After it was dry I painted it up with my model paints. After that it hung on the wall near the door on our house for a lot of years.
In 2001 when my mom died I retrieved it and brought it back to IL with me. About 10 years ago I touched it up then gave it several good coats of clear coat to keep the moisture and humidity from causing it to mold. And now it hangs near the door in my house. Just a happy memory of good times long past. I thought I'd share them with you.

Elaine's questions below: \/

For a long time I have wanted to make aprons to sell at the crafts shows. The project has always been one of those "round to it" things. Well I finally made a few and am in a quandary as to how much I should charge for them.
So I ask those of you here what would you charge or be willing to pay for a custom made apron like the one above and these below?
I want honest opinions please.