Old 11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
DustysMomma

Elisibrat, am I doing yours? I didn't think she split us up yet, lol. I may send you one that's a string of flags from Denmark with snowflakes sewn on if you're messin with me! Fabric trouble is mostly good trouble. He's a darn engineer, so the idea of a stash is completely foreign to him. He thinks when you buy something it's got to have a home already planned. He's not complained about my placemats though. However, he did insist we keep the set on our dining room table. So, since he fell in love with that stash fabric, which I made into placemats on a whim, I'm thinking I'm going to end up staining the dining room table black (it's natural, unfinished wood now), then replacing the rug and recovering the seats (which don't match each other anyway). Of course then I have to do some paintings to match to put on the wall. He has no idea what he got himself into keeping those placemats!

Anyway, these placemats are giving me fits. I'm not happy with what I chose to go together for the backs & fronts, so I may have to come up with something else to do with the backs & put the Danish flags in the UFO pile. Of course, my friend Lisa wanted me to make her red placemats, so I could figure out something to do with the back and make those hers and not tell her they're Danish flags.

Oh, I need something to take my mind off these darn placemats!