View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 PM
sew really

Default Mcjanome8900qcp

I got a real good deal on it. Maybe because it is a new model or the fact that I was able to pay cash (been saving for a while). I called three dealers, two gave me a quote and the other would not over the phone. I did go to that place and looked at the machine. At the time, I was looking for the 7700 model. Was told the newer one would be out in Sept. or Oct. So waited. When I got back with that dealer, the price was still more that I wanted to pay. After talking with another dealer, he told me the price over the phone. so far, I am thrilled with it.
I also looked at the Viking Sapphire875Q and really liked it.I could have bought floor model for $2400.00. Glad now I waited and looked at the Janome. Hope it works for me. I think it will.
I went to all three websites: pfaff, viking, janome and printed out all the info I could get. Helped me alot. Sorry, this is so long.

Originally Posted by Bataplai View Post
I hate to ask about money stuff, but no web site will tell pricing on sewing machines. I've been considering the Viking Sapphire 875Q, and this Janome looks comparable in features but I wonder how close in pricing they are. The Viking is $2k...

Congrats on your new machine! How exciting!