Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 PM
DonnaC

Default My Sample!

Okay, here are a couple of pictures of my little sample. Please, don't judge me on the sewing...LOL... I literally threw this together very quickly, because I needed to see how the fabrics "played" together and wanted to also see what happened after it was washed and dried. The second picture shows a close-up of the center.

The backstory on this project is that my Mom passed away earlier this year, and I am making rag quilts for her three remaining sisters out of all of Mom's clothes. So, there are many different fabrics in the mix, from denim to lightweight knits, polyesters, and even one piece that's a linen-like fabric. The sample piece is made out of one of each of the fabrics I have to work with. Like I said before, I will be using fleece for the back of each square. I actually think the sample came out great (let me know your opinions too!). I'm thinking that the one fabric I will not use is the green stripe on the left side, second from the bottom. It's an extremely lightweight knit fabric and it curls a lot, so it's difficult to sew, and I think it's going to be a nuisance. I have plenty of other fabrics to use.
Attached Thumbnails rag-sample.jpg   rag-2.jpg