Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I got hubby to finish putting her together yesterday morning then had to run out to get a few errands done - it strongly advises you to use a surge protector and we didn't have an empty one - okay, we had one... but the light was flickering on it so there was no way I was going to use it... so in to town I went...

After I got back, I read how to thread a bobbin - funny... if you thread a bobbin while the machine is not stitching, the needle still goes up and down!! Go figure. That's weird. It's designed to fill a bobbin while you are sewing which is a cool feature but I do like to have a few bobbins ready before I start a project....

Well. .. after getting her up and running, I started to sew on a scrap sandwich and she didn't sound very good. There's something wrong for sure... then there was a clunk and I broke a needle. It also smells strong of oil in my craft room now. I'm not digging that. I'll be making a dealer phone call after they open. I think I want my training now.....I didn't think I'd need it but sadly I think I do. I must be doing something wrong and why is it smelling so strong of oil?...