View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
icon17

Originally Posted by LenaBeena View Post
My friends and I , all in our 60's and 70's recently attended a cooking school given by a popular recipe magazine. I will not repeat all the snide remarks from our husbands about learning to cook at our ages!!! We said if they wanted to eat again they should keep quiet!!! Anyway we went to the event and enjoyed tasty samples, received a few free nick-nacks, laughed at the comedian, and won a years subscription to the magazine. We watched the cooking demonstrations and whispered among ourselves at what we could substitute for their very expensive ingredients. Then came the 'clincher". The speaker promised to give us the "best tip ever" to use when cooking. We waited through the whole long selling bit and finally he said to get ready to write it down. Pencils were poised, breaths held, eyes glued on him and here it came................."When you have a bit of sauce left in a jar, add a few spoons of water, shake it and you will get more out." HUH? THAT WAS THE BEST TIP EVER? My friends and I looked around at all the hundreds of women, many our age, who were frantically writing and nodding to each other and saying what a great idea. We were stunned! Doesn't everyone know this?
At the Very Least You could Have Stood and Laughed Him out of the Room!

Last edited by icon17; 11-05-2012 at 09:59 AM.